Richardson Counseling Services is dedicated to helping all mental health professionals turn their degrees into viable income. There is a myth that “you can not make money working in the mental health field”. RCS, wants help debunk this notion and teach mental health professionals how to make a great salary, help the people they care about and live beyond their wildest expectations. We help achieve this goal by providing the following services.
- We provide specific training for Mental Health Professionals on how to create passive and residual income.
- We provide paid internships at the Bachelor Level for students who want to get a jump start on learning the in’s and out’ of the filed.
- We provide quality supervision for LPC-Interns who want to gain counseling skills and learn how to be financial successful in the counseling filed.
Join Dr. Neely as she host a 1 hour webinar on how to create passive and residual income for mental health professionals. During the webinar you will learn concrete steps on how to take your degree and translate it into a viable income source.
Licensed Professional Counselor Internships
All counselor interns must have completed a Master’s degree in Counseling and be in the process of obtaining a temporary licensee or already have a temporary counselor license. We are interested in interns who have a strong desire to own their own private practice and are business minded.
What We Provide Counselor Interns:
- Free individual and group LPC Supervision
- Monthly monetary reimbursement for conducting internship duties.
- Clinical experience working with individuals, couples, families, and adolescents.
- Opportunities to develop and run your own counseling group.
- Advance training in operating and owning a private practice (i.e. business plan development, insurance company protocols, education on tax structure, education on government reporting procedure, private practice pitfalls, and marketing techniques).
- Possible opportunity to transition into a contract therapist position with RCS, once fully licensed.
Counselor Intern Requirements:
- Interns are required to complete a minimum of 20 hours of direct client contact per week.
- Interns are required to provide their own liability insurance.
- Interns are required to engage in on going marketing and advertising efforts.
- Interns must be able to work some days and evening shifts.
- Interns must have a Masters degree in Counseling. Preference is given to interns who want to receive their supervision through RCS.
Counselor Intern Application Process:
- Send resume to the RCS for review.
- You will be contacted for a phone interview if your resume meets our needs.
- A face to face interview will be set up if you are selected after the phone interview.
- Completion of Application Packet
Please give us a call for more information 210-523-4200 or email resume to email@example.com.
Bachelor Level Internships
The Bachelor level internship is designed to give college students hands on experience in the mental health field. Our Bachelor level interns have the opportunity to participate in treatment team meetings, conduct mental health intake assessments, write for our newsletter and learn how to run an operate a mental health private practice. Most of our students also receive college credit for their internship at RCS. Applicants must be in the process of receiving their Bachelor’s degree in Psychology or related field and have a strong interest in pursuing graduate education in the mental health field. Preference will be given to applicants who are in their sophomore or junior year of college and attending a college in the San Antonio area.
Internship Details and Application Process:
The Bachelor’s level internship is a paid internship with a stipend that is distributed quarterly. Specific payment amounts will be discussed with selected candidates. Interns are required to make a one year commitment and work approximately 20-30 hours per week. Interns typically work Monday, Wednesday, Fridays and some Saturdays. RCS will however make alterations in work hours due to variation in school schedules. Interested applicants should forward their resume, two letters of reference, and a brief statement about why they want to participate in this internship to firstname.lastname@example.org attention Dr. Neely.
Application Deadlines ( posted June 2015):
We are currently interviewing interns to begin working December 2015-December 2016. Please forward resume and 2 letters of recommendations to email@example.com attention Dr. Kirleen Neely.
Skills and Experiences Interns will acquire:
- Ability to conduct a mental health telephone intake
- Ability to screen clients for suicidal ideation and knowledge of how and when to refer for inpatient services
- Opportunity to participate in mental health treatment team meetings.
- Understanding of mental health laws and HIPAA privacy practices
- Ability to write and edit mental health articles for RCS newsletter and social networking sites
- Understanding of how to maintain mental health medical record charts
- Hands on experience of what it is like to work in the mental health field
- Understanding of how to operate a private practice.