How We Help Professionals….
Certify Professionals to teach the Backstory Method
We certify coaches, counselors, educators, and business consultants professionals to teach and use our signature BackStory Breakthrough Method with their clients and staff. This BackStory breakthrough method helps clients dig deep and tackle the BackStory’s that lead to self-sabotaging behavior. Clients learn how to stop self-doubt, increase confidence and make better life choices. We are hosting a FREE webinar to explain the certification process. Please sign up below for more information. CEU are avaiable for licensed professionals.
LPC Supervision and Counseling Hours
We provide quality supervision for LPC-Interns who want to gain counseling skills and learn how to be financial successful in the counseling filed. Interns are able to get individual and group supervision as well as on site clinical hours. All counselor interns must have completed a Master’s degree in counseling and be eligible for LPC-Intern licensure. We require supervision be provided by RCS staff.
Interns receive the following:
- Free individual and group LPC Supervision
- Monthly monetary reimbursement for conducting internship duties.
- Clinical experience working with individuals, couples, families, and adolescents.
- Opportunities to develop and run your own counseling group.
- Advance training in operating and owning a private practice (i.e. business plan development, insurance company protocols, education on tax structure, education on government reporting procedure, private practice pitfalls, and marketing techniques).
Possible opportunity to transition into a contract therapist position with RCS, once fully licensed.
Counselor Intern Requirements:
- Interns are required to complete a minimum of 20 hours of direct client contact per week.
- Interns are required to provide their own liability insurance.
- Interns are required to engage in on going marketing and advertising efforts.
- Interns must be able to work some days and evening shifts.
- Interns must have a Masters degree in Counseling. Preference is given to interns who want to receive their supervision through RCS.
Counselor Intern Application Process:
- Send resume to the RCS for review.
- You will be contacted for a phone interview if your resume meets our needs.
- A face to face interview will be set up if you are selected after the phone interview.
- Completion of Application Packet
Please give us a call for more information 210-523-4200 or email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bachelor Level Internships
We provide internships for college students at the Bachelor’s Level. The Bachelor level internship is designed to give college students hands on experience in the mental health field. Our Bachelor level interns have the opportunity to participate in treatment team meetings, conduct mental health intake assessments, write for our newsletter and learn how to run an operate a mental health private practice. Most of our students also receive college credit for their internship at RCS. Applicants must be in the process of receiving their Bachelor’s degree in Psychology or related field and have a strong interest in pursuing graduate education in the mental health field. Preference will be given to applicants who are in their sophomore or junior year of college and attending a college in the San Antonio area.
Internship Details and Application Process:
The Bachelor’s level internship is a paid internship with a stipend that is distributed quarterly. Specific payment amounts will be discussed with selected candidates. Interns are required to make a one year commitment and work approximately 20-30 hours per week. Interns typically work Monday, Wednesday, Fridays and some Saturdays. RCS will however make alterations in work hours due to variation in school schedules. Interested applicants should forward their resume, two letters of reference, and a brief statement about why they want to participate in this internship to email@example.com attention Dr. Neely.
Application Deadlines ( We are not currently accepting application):
Skills and Experiences Interns will acquire:
- Ability to conduct a mental health telephone intake
- Ability to screen clients for suicidal ideation and knowledge of how and when to refer for inpatient services
- Opportunity to participate in mental health treatment team meetings.
- Understanding of mental health laws and HIPAA privacy practices
- Ability to write and edit mental health articles for RCS newsletter and social networking sites
- Understanding of how to maintain mental health medical record charts
- Hands on experience of what it is like to work in the mental health field
- Understanding of how to operate a private practice.